We are aware that an event of this size impacts the environment with the number of attendees travelling, eating and producing waste. Our aim is to lower the negative climate and environmental impact as much as possible and we encourage all attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, and suppliers to consider sustainable options.
Please see below some of the initiatives underway for the APAIE 2023 Conference & Exhibition.
- Printed materials are kept to a minimum, with attendees encouraged to use electronic resources such as the APAIE 2023 website and Conference App.
- Program materials are provided electronically, via the website or Conference App.
- Sponsors and Exhibitors are requested to reflect positive environmental values and practices in their participation.
- APAIE is committed to the principles of The CANIE Accord.
The Venue: The Queen Sirikit National Convention Center (QSNCC)
The QSNCC is at the forefront of sustainability thanks to its environmentally friendly design and use of the latest technological innovations. To read more about the sustainability initiatives and design features of the venue, click here.
What can you do?
- Keep printed materials to a minimum. APAIE 2023 is using this digital conference guide, the conference website and the conference app. We also use a QR code to share promotional materials. For assistance with your digital requirements, please contact the Digital Partner of APAIE 2023, eduKUDU, who have a special offer for APAIE 2023 attendees.
- If you do need to produce printed materials or other items, ensure they are sustainably sourced, recyclable, and not single-use.
- APAIE 2023 is providing sustainably sourced, reusable water bottles and carry bags for your convenience.
- Take advantage of the convenient train system when travelling around Bangkok. There is a metro train stop at the conference venue, QSNCC.
- Visit the CANIE website for more ideas and consider signing up to the CANIE Accord. You may want to join their workshop, which is part of the APAIE 2023 pre-conference workshop program. CANIE is also doing a lunchtime session on Thursday 16 March.